Do you know when your pup’s birthday is? It’s okay if they are a rescue, you can use their adoption date. If you are reading this post, I assume you have a dog and/or you love dogs. Every dog, no matter what breed or age deserves a puppy party! Gifts, toys, treats, special attention, and a nice dinner are all good, but a pawty with all of Fido’s friends just sounds way better. If you are a dedicated dog mom or dad, then get ready to plan (and spend some money)! It’s all worth it, in the end, to see those tails wag.
Here’s how to do it:
*Find a place – like a park
*Figure out a time that works best for you and friends
*Make an invitation and send them out to your fur-friends -> on your phone
*Buy some supplies – birthday hats, toys, water bowls, and treats
*Order a cake made special for your dog
Have a great time at your pawty!
-Karma the Pom
I get excited when my human takes me on fun adventures. One cool experience was stand up paddle boarding. It was both our first time, but we heard how much fun it was, so off to paddle boarding we went. I was having a blast, but my human was a mess! How embarrassing.
She didn’t tip the board over, but it could have happened multiple times, so I’m glad I was wearing my life jacket. If I had fallen in the water without a life jacket, I might have had trouble swimming and been separated or been exhausted quickly to swim back to the board. If I was separated, my human could have spotted me with my bright yellow vest.
Make sure you bring some dog-friendly sunscreen for Fido. Sunscreen? Yes, we wear sunscreen too!
Be careful about what dog leash you bring, or if you choose to use one as it can get tangled.
Make sure you keep us dogs hydrated before and after the trip. Although we will be in “water,” it’s just not the same. Being on a paddleboard is in the hot sun and heats us. Bring along a plenty of water, maybe in a swell bottle or any water bottle along with a small bowl.
Hopefully, your pup gets groomed because our nails can affect our balance and grip on the board. We might slip off, just like my human almost did!
And last, have fun paddleboarding! Make sure both you and your pup are having fun! Neither of you should be stressed out!
Be safe and stay hydrated my friends!
-Karma the Pom
If you and your human celebrate Christmas and need stocking stuffers, celebrate Hanukah and need to find eight presents, or you love to celebrate and enjoy giving gifts, this blog is for you.
- BarkBox. Your dog loves toys and your friend’s dog loves toys. Start up a one, three, six, or twelve-month subscription for a playful pup. Getting toys and treats in the mail for your doggo will feel like it’s a holiday every month!
- Plush ToyPlush Toy. What’s better than a plush toy? Most likely your dog loves plush toys so spoil them with a designer look alike.
- Treat Dispensing Camera. Wouldn’t it be cool to watch your dog at home while you’re at work? Even better, what if you could dispense a treat to them while you’re out of the house?
- Puzzle. Your dog could never turn down a treat. A puzzle will have them doing extra work, providing them with mental stimulation, but lets face it… they just want to get to the treats!
- Dog Treats. The best part of your dog’s day, besides being with you, is getting their treat intake. Not only should treats be used in the dispensing camera or puzzles, but they should be their own present too. This would really make your pup happy!
- Brushing Stick. Humans, don’t worry about getting your dog mad or scared because they can brush their teeth on their own now. This rubber toy has spikes or bristles that will brush against doggos teeth to help grind off plaque and help clean their teeth.
- Zip Up Hoodie. Winter is cold, so keep your doggo and their furiends warm with a soft, quality zip up hoodie. You can customize them with your own graphic too.
- Bowties and Bandanas. Do you like to dress your dog up? Do your friends like to dress their dogs up? Get some quality bowties or bandanas that everyone will love.
-Karma the Pom
I see people dressed up in weird costumes. I see my furfriends dressed up in silly costumes. I smell candy and treats on the counter. You know what that means—right? Yappy Halloween! Halloween means all fun and games, but it could leave potential danger for us animals to deal with! Don’t be pet-rified because I would love to share some spook-tacular tips for everyone to stay safe during the holiday!
The Crazy Costumes
- Make sure your dog loves his costume
-We don’t want to be stressed
-We don’t want out breathing restricted
- Dogs usually don’t want masks
-This can also stress us out
- Try to limit the chew pieces available
-We can choke on the small pieces
- And stop using hair dye
-It’s not good for our fur and health
The Dramatic Decor
- Chew pieces should be out of the way
-Not only on costumes, but also in party decoration
-And human costumes too, we love to pick random objects up
- Cords and wires should be inaccessible
-They can cause choking and electrical hazards
- Use caution around glow sticks
-Contain toxic liquid to pets
- Avoid candlesticks
-We like to knock things over; be careful of the flames
The Haunted Host
- Constant visitors will stress your dog out
-We like to be kept in a comfortable, quiet room
- Do not leave your doggo unattended
-Doors open and close throughout the night
-If you do, make sure we are micro-chipped and have an identification tag
The Frightening Foods
- Avoid keepng food and cocktails in places your dog can reach
-Example: coffee tables, low counters
-They have a core that we can choke on
-It contains an ingredient called xylitol
-This is toxic to us
-It has an ingredient called theobromine
-This is also poisonous to us
-Be mindful of where you place these
-These are potentially toxic to us
The purpose of this article isn’t to scare you from having a great time; it is to help you have a safe, enjoyable, and stress-free Halloween. Make your doggo fun pumpkin treats (recipe below) to reward him for good behavior. Happy Halloween to the humans, and Yappy Halloween to all of my furfriends!
If you are concerned that your dog has ingested any of your Halloween candy, please call your vet!
Quick & Easy Recipe:
-1/2 can of plain pumpkin puree
NOT pumpkin pie mix, which contains sugar and spice
-2 tbsp of no salt, all peanut- peanut butter
-2 tbsp water
-Mix it all together
-Pour into ice tray
-Freeze and serve!
Yappy Halloween my friends!
-Karma the Pom