Did you include your dogs, cats, and other animals in your 2018 New Year’s resolutions? They could use a happier and healthier year too! There’s a more significant list of ways you can commit them to staying strong and well besides adding better treats and belly rubs.
- Vet Checkup. It is crucial for your dog to get a checkup yearly. It can give our vet a chance to detect any conditions early and prevent any others from developing. Most importantly we go so that we can stay healthy.
- Grooming. Our hair and fur can get real knotted, smelly, uncomfortable, and long. It’s essential for you to take your animals to get groomed every so often.
- Teeth Cleaning. It’s important for our teeth to be brushed and kept clean. It not only helps our stinky breath to stay fresh, but it also helps with how our teeth age as we become seniors.
- Therapy Dog. Is your dog a good candidate to become a therapy dog? They could help humans cope with illness, stress, and recovery.
- New Friends. Is your dog social? Go to local dog parks and dog events. You never know, you might end up making life-long friends as well!
- Plan a Pawty! If you and your dog have a social circle, what’s better than a celebration?
- Daily Exercise. You don’t have to increase Fido’s regular exercise, but do not hold back on it or forget about it either. Maybe a trip to the park or a more extended walk every so often would be nice. If the weather is bad, try some indoor activities like a light game of fetch.
- Go On An Adventure. Take Fido on a trip. Most of us love trips, and we love to be with our humans. Try it out and see if a new activity would excite us.
- Dog Friendly Places. Take some time to find local dog friendly places. A day out together is the best time ever.
- Unconditional Love. Don’t take your pup for granted. We just want a little bit of our human’s time and their unconditional love.
Try to stay as committed to your resolutions as possible. Your dog will love and appreciate you more than could ever be imagined!
Happy New Year!
-Karma the Pom
If you and your human celebrate Christmas and need stocking stuffers, celebrate Hanukah and need to find eight presents, or you love to celebrate and enjoy giving gifts, this blog is for you.
- BarkBox. Your dog loves toys and your friend’s dog loves toys. Start up a one, three, six, or twelve-month subscription for a playful pup. Getting toys and treats in the mail for your doggo will feel like it’s a holiday every month!
- Plush ToyPlush Toy. What’s better than a plush toy? Most likely your dog loves plush toys so spoil them with a designer look alike.
- Treat Dispensing Camera. Wouldn’t it be cool to watch your dog at home while you’re at work? Even better, what if you could dispense a treat to them while you’re out of the house?
- Puzzle. Your dog could never turn down a treat. A puzzle will have them doing extra work, providing them with mental stimulation, but lets face it… they just want to get to the treats!
- Dog Treats. The best part of your dog’s day, besides being with you, is getting their treat intake. Not only should treats be used in the dispensing camera or puzzles, but they should be their own present too. This would really make your pup happy!
- Brushing Stick. Humans, don’t worry about getting your dog mad or scared because they can brush their teeth on their own now. This rubber toy has spikes or bristles that will brush against doggos teeth to help grind off plaque and help clean their teeth.
- Zip Up Hoodie. Winter is cold, so keep your doggo and their furiends warm with a soft, quality zip up hoodie. You can customize them with your own graphic too.
- Bowties and Bandanas. Do you like to dress your dog up? Do your friends like to dress their dogs up? Get some quality bowties or bandanas that everyone will love.
-Karma the Pom
Animal shelters around the country are partnering up and offering free adoptions for everyone that is approved during the Thanksgiving weekend. These animals will be thankful for your love and a new home and in return you will get love and a loyal companion.
You can also help animals in other ways by reaching out locally and nationwide to shelters and humane societies this Thanksgiving to find out what they need. These animals have been through abuse, abandonment, natural disaster, and other stressors and the shelters need your help.
3 ways to help your local and nationwide shelters:
- Make a monetary donation. Animal shelters and humane societies will use donations for the health of the animals, keeping the shelter clean, and keeping the animals as comfortable as possible.
- Make a donation of specific things they need. Example: Harnesses, dry/canned food, treats, bowls, beds, leashes, and cleaning supplies for the cages.
- Volunteer at your local shelter. Find out what kind of volunteers your local shelter needs. It can be anything from cleaning the animal cages or planning events, to walking the dogs.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone,
Karma the Pom!
Today I went to my first baseball game! It was the Marlins vs the Padres Bark at the Park game. There were 24,000 people and 500 fur-friends. All of the proceeds from our tickets today went to the humane society so we were happy to help! Big crowds like that usually scare my siblings because they suffer from anxiety, but I do okay in them. My human dressed me up in my pawfect for the game baseball bow tie from Baylors Bow Tie Boutique ** (description and coupon below). Being cute wasn’t our only priority during the game, the humans made sure that we were hydrated with water the whole time! It was important, especially since I saw some dogs overheat and need special attention. I had so much fun and met so many new people and fur-friends, I even got a new bandana! I can’t wait until Bark at the Park next year! Don’t forget to check out Baylors Bow Ties!
**My baseball bow tie from Baylors Bow Tie Boutique was such a hit at the game. It caused so much attention! It wasn’t because I am so cute, but because of how good the fabric is. It comes with a Velcro loop that will fit around your collar. They’re already at the perfect price… but what’s better than a coupon?? You have one week so get your bow ties! KARMA10 for 10% off your order!!
-Karma the Pom
It’s Saturday! That means my local beach allows me and all of my fur-friends to have fun in the sand starting at 5pm from March – September. The reason for this is because it gets really hot for us pups during the day so the later it is, the cooler it gets. This was not only my first sandy beach experience, but it was the first time I have ever been in any water besides my filled up bathtub! I will admit I was so scared at first, but I had so much fun meeting new friends and running around that I forgot how I scared I was. My humans packed lots of stuff in their backpacks like: water in their amazing Swell bottles, waste pick up bags, towels, sunscreen [even though it’s late], and some treats for Brandy and I! I had such a supaw great time and I cannot wait to go back!